The aims of CREATE IV are to:
- Examine issues regarding use of technology among diverse samples in living, work and healthcare settings.
- Gather systematic data on technology access and use on the wellbeing and quality of life of older adults.
- Develop guidelines, strategies and technologies that foster successful technology adoption among older adults.
- Further our understanding of how user characteristics and psychosocial factors influence technology adoption.
- Expand our database on the needs and preferences of older people for a range of technologies.
- Promote collaborations among researchers, community agencies, business/industry, and government.
- Foster the training of students and promote new areas of research in aging and technology.
- Disseminate findings to the scientific, service, and design communities, older adults and policy makers.
- Develop principles and protocols to aid the development, implementation and evaluation of technology.
- Inform current public policy debates surrounding issues related to aging and technology.